In this tutorial we will show you how to set up L2TP VPN on Windows 10 but first let’s see what are our requirements and recommendations.
In order to set up the L2TP VPN you will need:
- Your VPN username, password and VPN server address.
VPN username: qvpn.vip
VPN password: vip@2018
VPN server address: v1.qvpn.vip
All letters is in the lower case.
- L2TP is not the best option for online security and privacy. We recommend using OpenVPN, IKEv2 or SoftEther.
- If you still want to set up L2TP VPN manually, go step-by-step through following instructions:
L2TP VPN Setup Instructions
- #1 Click to your WiFi or Ethernet connection. #2 click on “VPN Connection”
- From the lower right corner click on “Action Center” icon (1). Then press on “VPN” (2).
- This will open “Network & Internet” settings window. Click on “Add a VPN connection” (3).
- On the next page fill the fields with the following settings:VPN provider – Windows (built-in)
(5) – Give a memorable name to this connection. For example name it “QVPN”.
(6) “Server name or address” – Copy and paste the server name address “v1.qvpn.vip” without the quote.
(7) “VPN type” – select “L2TP/IPSec certificate”.
(8) “Type of sign-in info” – select Username and password.In the “User name”
(9) and “Password”
(10) fields type your VPN username and password.Check all selected data once again and press “Save” (11).
- Now you can see your VPN connection was created. To connect.
#12 Click to your WiFi or Ethernet connection.
#13 Click to VPN name that we created.
#14 click the name, click Connect.